SUBMISSIONS FOR 2017 ARE NOW CLOSED
Congratulations to University of Missouri student JAY BURY, WINNER of the 2017 Stevens & McMillan $1,500 Scholarship! Jay’s essay was handpicked by managing partner Dan Stevens as the top submission. Read Jay’s winning submission
We raised our award amount and chose three additional submissions as runner-ups to each receive a $100 scholarship award. Our three runner-ups are: Katie Baillie, Sheri Sanford, and Joshua Klepes.
Thanks to everyone who submitted an essay. We will be offering the scholarship again in 2018, check here for details.
- You must be in good academic standing if currently enrolled in college or high school; If you are under the age of 18, you must allow your parent or legal guardian to read all of the rules listed on this page and obtain their permission to participate;
- You must be currently enrolled in an accredited college in the United States or planning to attend college no later than January of 2018;
- You must submit a minimum 1,000 word essay concerning one of the topics below using Microsoft Word. At the end of the essay, please indicate in a separate paragraph your name, phone number, school, expected school in January of 2018 if different, and a statement that you agree to the contest rules.
- Please type your essay in MS-Word and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please like us on Facebook and add us to your Google+ circles